Let's Talk Property Management

The importance of relationship is essential to every human. I believe that it is something that is Creator-instilled in each of us. In regards to property management, relationship is key. Happy tenants make great referrals. They are your best marketing tool by far. A Tenant that feels that his or her business is in an ideal location with a Landlord that exhibits #1 Service and reasonable expenses is a Class "A" combination. Tenants that don't feel like they are being heard or have unresolved issues can be a true detriment to the success of your business as a Property Manager. Relationships take time and effort, even in the professional arena. We must engage with our tenants, make routine contact with them. Would you care to share your thoughts and/or experiences?

Tags: a, class, commercial, management, property, tenant

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great topic Beth Anne,

Property Management is definately relational in terms of you are always going to be dealing with people every day in every arena.From tenants, to tradespeople, to contractors, to inspectors, to accountants and lawyers.

Navigating the relational aspect will be what you make of it, you have to decide upfront how you wish to treat these people? what sort of power do you wish to exert on them?  From experience and from on-going learning i've discovered its the referent power that would grant you success in managing these relationship. Yes you may have legitmate or expert power but those won't sustain or nurture the relationship on the long haul.

Seek first to understand, than to be understood. You have to value people !

Just my thoughts

ZeroVacancyGal

Great little read, I do <a href="http://www.metropropertymanagement.ca">Property Management St John's</a>

RSS

We're also on:

LetsTalkPM LTPMVendors

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Forum

Running a Property Management Company

To discuss best practices in the Property Management Industry

50 discussions

Marketing and Advertising

How to bring on new clients and fill vacancies.

22 discussions

Landlord Tips

Landlords share tips about how to avoid pitfalls when managing your own rentals.

11 discussions

General Q & A

Stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

24 discussions

Technology for Property Management

Share the tools that have modernized the way you manage your rental portfolio

12 discussions

© 2014   Created by Dee Allomong.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service