Forums » Running A Property Management Company

Propertyware

• 13 posts
    August 12, 2010 12:53 PM PDT

Hello everyone, I need some help with software. We first started with Appfolio and then switched to PropertyWare and we thought we had found something we could live with. Well, each month when we do statements we have nothing but trouble and confusion and I am just wondering if it will ever end. Our business is growing by leaps and bounds  everything is working  exceptionally well except our accounting program.  I have a nice young woman who spent 15 years as a senior escrow officer and  she is having trouble learning the system. DO I NEED A CPA to use  Propertyware??

Is there any software out  there that you could suggest that does not require a PHD or CPA to use?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you,

Sam    

• August 30, 2010 9:15 AM PDT

Sam,

Did you find a property management software solution? I would love to set up a free online demo of Property Genie.

Let me know a convenient day and time for you, if you are interested.

Tricia

407-878-4977 x107

[email protected]

• 13 posts
    August 30, 2010 11:04 AM PDT

I will be in touch in a day or so.

Sam

• 6 posts
    September 7, 2010 2:43 PM PDT

Hi Sam,

Please check out myownrealestate.com, I could walk you through the functions at your convenience, if you are interested.

Echo Cheng

408-258-2043

[email protected]

• 13 posts
    September 7, 2010 3:01 PM PDT

Thank you, I will have a look and let you know.

Sam

• 2 posts
    September 21, 2010 8:42 AM PDT

Sam,

Alisa and Amy with Journey Real Estate use PropertyWare. They went to a seminar last month. Give them a call @ 776-8464. I remember how challenging property management software was. We started out with Yardi then went to Promas. Good luck!

Regards,

Shirley Nelson

• 13 posts
    September 21, 2010 9:15 AM PDT

Thank you Shirley, I appreciate your advice.

Sam

• 5 posts
    November 22, 2010 8:05 AM PST

Hi Sam, I once had a very similar problem. As a property manager, currently managing over 200 commercial and residential units, I could not find the right product to satisfy my growing business. As a Property Manager and Business Owner, I had no time to learn the products out there. They all seemed either too bulky requiring extensive training or overly simplified where they just could not support my requirements. In, 2007, I decided to co-found a property management software that would do just that. i.e. cater to property managers and landlords who do not require to have a CPA or a PHD, but at the same time support my growing business. Today, we have a growing community of users. I'd like to extend an invitation to you to try our product for free. If you're interested, I'm willing to give you a short walk-through and/or demo. you can visit www.unitconnect.com to learn more and watch some of our training videos for more information. Thanks, Albert Aranbaev [email protected]

• 5 posts
    December 17, 2010 1:03 PM PST

Sam.   What I've found is most of the applications out there are designed to go after the money.   Like Tom Cruise said "show me the money!!".   So most applications are designed for the large paroperty management companies who are willing to pay tens of thousands, and thousands more in training.   This leaves the smaller property managers left out and under served.   A few years back I co-authored Rentec Direct which is a property management platform designed specifically to help these smaller companies and landlords since the other property management software apps out there don't much care for the small guys.   We however love the smaller market and will hold true to our roots!   We have a free 30-day trial if you haven't already found something.